Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies or NMIMS Mumbai is considered as Deemed University and ranks 24 in MBA by NIRF 2020. Students of the MBA course have secured excellent placements and job opportunities with the top MNCs. NMIMS Mumbai also offers education in areas like Engineering, Law, Commerce, Arts, Science, Management, etc. NMAT 2020 will start from 4th November and continue till 30th January 2021. The college offers excellent placements with the highest domestic package touching 39 INR LPA and international placements touching 58.6 INR LPA. Here we will talk about NMIMS Mumbai, and it’s offerings to future MBA aspirants.
Mentioned below is the brief snapshot of NMIMS Mumbai:
|Year of establishment||1981|
|Type of the Institute||Deemed to be University|
|Courses offered by the institute||Undergraduate, postgraduate and research programs|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Mode of application submission||Offline|
|Top recruiters||ICICI Bank, Cognizant, Capgemini and Amazon.|
|Official Website of the institute||https://www.nmimsnavimumbai.org/|
MBA at NMIMS Mumbai
The college offers an MBA program that spans for two-years. The institute educates aspirants in business communication and other modern business etiquettes along with various intricate management terms and terminologies.
The institute harbors various education labs for the development of the students for a better future. Initiatives like – A number of guest lectures from notable Business Personalities, a separate lab for personal grooming, annual seminar, business simulation games, psychological profiling, and personality development workshops (MBTI) help students to upgrade themselves.
NMIMS Mumbai International Tie-ups
NMIMS Mumbai has always remained the top priority of MBA students and their parents. The institute has tie-ups with top universities for MBA across the world such as
- Purdue University
- Virginia Tech
- University of California
- Friedrich–Alexander University Erlangen–Nürnberg
- ESSCA at both of its campuses, i.e. Angers in France and Budapest in Hungary
The institute initiates exchange programs for students with the colleges mentioned above. This indulges a lot of learning among the students other than classroom training. Check more on international linkages here.
The NMIMS Mumbai faculty plays a pivotal role to guide pupils in choosing their electives in the final year based on their aptitude. Aspirants also have the freedom of choosing electives every trimester from a wide range of elective choices. Choices of electives:
- Non – credit courses.
- Interdisciplinary subjects.
Summer Project in NMIMS Mumbai
Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies conducts a university-level project scheme every academic year during the summer.
- The foremost priority of the course is to establish the relationship between theory and practicals.
- The project enables students to spend 6 – 8 weeks on a summer project during the period between 1st and the 2nd year of the full – time MBA programme.
- The students shall be provided with maximum marks of 100 that get added with grades of 4th-trimester.
Objectives of the MBA Program in NMIMS Mumbai
Aspirants choosing to pursue a degree in Master of Business Administration have to undertake a two-year full-time program. The MBA course is split into six trimesters.
The institute’s aims in the development of candidates in the following ways –
- Socially sensible
- The capability of assuming higher corporate responsibility
- Broad strategic vision
- Flexibility in interpersonal relationships.
Eligibility Requirements at NMIMS Mumbai for MBA
A student to join the NMIMS Mumbai has to fall under the requirements mentioned below.
- A bachelor’s degree in any stream
- The bachelor’s degree of the candidate must be from a recognized institute.
- A candidate must have a minimum score / GPA of 50% during the last two years of an undergraduate degree in the aggregate stream.
- Also, one has to sit for NMAT and score well in that exam.
NMIMS Mumbai Placement Records for MBA
NMIMS Mumbai boasts of excellent placement records. We will take a look into the details below:
NMAT Previous year’s cutoff: The cutoff mentioned below shall provide an idea of upcoming cutoff trends at Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai.
|Course/stream opted||Cutoff for the year 2019|
|Masters in business and administration||209|
|MBA in Family Managed Business & Entrepreneurship||209|
|MBA in Law||209|
|MBA in Pharmaceutical Management||209|
|MBA in Human Resource Management||209|
Average MBA Course Fees at NMIMS Mumbai
|Course/stream||Examination for entrance||Fee for the 1st year|
|PGDM||GMAT||₹86,000 (total fee)|
|MBA (integrated/full time)||NMAT||₹9.25 Lakhs|
|MBA (part-time)||NMAT||₹9.25 Lakhs|
Facilities in Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies Mumbai
The management of NMIMS Mumbai provides the students attending several programs with adequate facilities.
- Library: The institution has arranged/built a vast library with several modern facilities that include online journals, accessibility to global research paper publications, and ordinal journals.
- Computer center: The institution provides the standard facility by establishing a computer center that accommodates about 60 students at a time inside the widespread campus with the latest technologies and software.
- Labs: Labs with standardized modern equipment.
Other than this the students will be able to avail of the following additional facilities too :
- Design studio
- Wi-Fi campus
- Shuttle service
- Air-conditioned classrooms
- Moot room (law)
- Seminar hall
- Conference hall
- Video conferencing facility
- Herbal garden
- Post office
Visit the official website to know more about the facilities at the campus.
Aspirants with the desire of pursuing an MBA from NMIMS Mumbai must be in their final stages of preparation for NMAT 2020. Keep preparing and don’t lose your focus. Also, it is necessary to stay fit, so take care of your health too. We hope this article will help future aspirants to get a clear picture of the college, and it will serve as an alternate option to the IIMs.